HIGH SCHOOL SCREENINGS
ADMISSION TO SCREENING IS FREE and open to all high school teachers and their students in Southern California.
RESERVATION IS REQUIRED. Please contact Anouchka Van Riel at [email protected]. Mention the day you wish to attend , the name of the school and how many students plan to attend with you. Dates of COLCOA will be confirmed soon on this website (second part of April). During the festival, screening will take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the following Monday.
Each school will be responsible for transportation of its students and insurance issues pertaining to this off-campus field trip.
Teachers participating in the COLCOA High School Program will receive an invitation for two to attend all screenings of the COLCOA Festival from April 24 to April 30 at the Directors Guild of America (on a RSVP basis).
COLCOA offers special discount for any student for all screenings of the festival (except free screenings). Tickets will be available now ($5 per screening instead of $14). Click here to buy tickets.
This program is produced by COLCOA in partnership with ELMA (European Languages and Movies in America), with the support of the American Association of Teachers of French-Southern California (AATF-SC).
FILMS SHOWN PREVIOUSLY:
- 2008 – WELCOME TO THE STICKS (Bienvenue chez les Ch’tis) (North American Premiere)
- 2009 – FINAL ARRANGEMENTS (Bouquet final) (U.S. Premiere)
- 2010 – FAREWELL (L’Affaire Farewell) (West Coast Premiere)
- 2011 – MONSIEUR PAPA (World Premiere)
- 2012 – THE WELL DIGGER’S DAUGHTER (La Fille du puisatier) (West Coast Premiere)
- 2013 – JAPPELOUP (West Coast Premiere)
- 2014 – TURNING TIDE (En Solitaire) (West Coast Premiere)
- 2015 – ONCE IN A LIFE TIME (Les Héritiers) (West Coast Premiere)
- 2016 – ONE MAN AND HIS COW (La Vache) (West Coast Premiere)
- 2017 – A BAG OF MARBLES (Un Sac de Billes) (U.S. Premiere)